Better Integrated Amp?

Hi, I'm looking at my first set up and have been advised by people on this website to get an integrated amp (including phono stage). I'm looking at the Quad Vena 2 which I would have to get second hand due to cost, and the Denon PMA-800NE which I could buy new whilst still being the cheaper option. I'm open to other suggestions to just wanted to get your thoughts on which amp I should go for or if I should look at some others too.
oliverben5672
For speakers to match with the Rega, you might want to look at something like the Triangle BR03. It has 90db sensitivity and a 8 ohm nominal impedance. Should be pretty easy to drive and it has received great reviews as a budget friendly bookshelf size 2 way speaker. I do not own the BR03 and have not heard it. But I did previously own the Triangle Titus speaker which had similar specs. I enjoyed then quite a bit.
Audiogon has a couple of NAD amps in this price range I'd recommend.

This on in particular:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa5fhb-nad-c-328-hybrid-digital-dac-integrated-amplifier-solid-s...

The unusual hybrid Class D amplifier does not get enough credit and sounds far better to my ears than a lot of others. 

If you can swing $800 I'd also recommend a listed Arcam.

Best,

Erik
You didn't state a budget for speakers but I like the Vandersteen VLR Wood ($1495 USD). I have also heard it with the Proac D2 and Tablette's and both sounded really good. Being in the UK they might be easier to demo. The best sound I heard with it was the Vandersteen VLR CT but it's a bit pricey at $3100 US. If you have a local Rega dealer I would suggest that you go have a listen and see what the dealer recommends.

I am currently using it with Tannoy M1 bookshelf speakers. They are small and I have had them for 16 years. Maybe some current Tannoy's would be a good fit.

Good Luck!
Speakers depend a lot on listening preference, both volume and program. Also size/style desired. And of course budget.
For that TT the AT VM540ML is a match made in value heaven.

Has it been established that you are in the UK???