Better digital front end for my DAC

I have a psAudio directstream DAC with the Bridge II.  I have tried using mcontrol, recommended by psAudio and find it frustrating.  It consistently repeats songs and I always have to manually skip to the next song.  In addition, I would like something that provides access to Sirius for more casual listening.

I bought a Sonos and plugged it into my DirectStream and it sounds bright and is not enjoyable.  This is using an optical cable.

Are there other alternatives that provide a better user interface, sound quality and options above what I have tried?
128x128mmporsche
Thanks for the great advice, I just ordered new cables and a reclocker.
I currently have a’98 Carrera S, last year of the air cooled cars.
nice!

i am air cooled fan too... nb 993 and 964 as well

i think the reclocker will make real audible difference for you, it did for me... if not i believe you can return for money back
I just received my Aurelic Aries G2.1 feeding into my PS Audio DAC and I can honestly tell you that it sounds better than my sacd’s fed thru my PS Audio DMP player.  I was skeptical to make the plunge into streaming audio, but I am pleasantly surprised.  
Oh, and since this is also a Porsche post, my last one was a 2010 Carrera 4S.  Not air cooled, but I think the last raw 911 made.  964 and 993 by far my favorite 911s of all time.  

Happy listening...er, driving!
I agree with @jjss49...bluesound node 2i clean simple to install, go coax. Also 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S...funny...high end stereo,  high end cars...we like quality for the money!