Best way to record vinyl to digital?

I hope that I'm not hijacking someone else's thread, but I asked a question over on the Digital Forum and did not receive a reply so I thought I would try here:

Can anyone provide a brief comparison of LP ripping software? Audacity and Reaper have both been mentioned, but not Pure Vinyl. Has anyone tried it?

I have been struggling with ripping my vinyl collection to digital files. I have a Mac Mini and an Apogee Duet I borrowed from the kid next door, and I downloaded the Pure Vinyl demo which is supposed to be fully functional. After messing with it for over a week I still can't get it to work, and the documentation they provide with the demo version stinks. So I am looking for a better way to do this and would appreciate any suggestions.
bodotes

Showing 1 response by br3098

Well, after wasting the better part of this weekend plus several hours over the last two weeks, I am retiring Pure Vinyl v3. I just can't seem to get it to work reliably, and the documentation provided with the demo is almost useless.

I will try some of the other applications you all have suggested. Thanks for your help!