Best wall mount speakers under $1k better yet $750

Looking for opinions on the best new or used speakers for under $1k. They need to be designed to be wall mounted/book shelf, as floor mounting is out of the question. I'll most likely wind up running them as satellites off of a pair of passive subwoofers.
amp: Ideal Innovations Elite 80 (tube)
pre: Transcendent Sound line amp (tube)
source: Mac nas thru a Mac Mini, HagUSB SPDIF converter, Nelson Link III DAC
I like my digital source with tube sound....I guess I characterize the speakers I would be replacing (Legacy Monitors) as neutral. I like clean delicate highs with no stridency, and open detailed vocals. I listen to a wide variety of styles, tho mostly rock, folk, and jazz.
rabco

Showing 1 response by onemug

I think you may have a hard time improving on the Legacy Monitors with a sub 1000/750 wall mount but good luck with it.

Here is my rec. I bought a pair of NHT SuperOnes for <300. My criteria for choosing them were: Had to be wall mounts, white, soft dome tweeter, sealed cabinet with 6" woofer, actually came with their own wall mount brackets, and an easy load (8 nominal/6 minimum).

These were for a guest bedroom with some vintage Marantz receivers. I have a wonderful wife who says nothing about my other 2 systems with 6' tall speakers, so I didn't want to push it.

Works for me.