best vintage or new speaker for MC240 and C-11

hi,
trying to determine what the best all around speakers for enjoying vinyl on my C-11 and MC240 system.

money really isn't an issue, however i don't want to buy a speaker far beyond the capabilities of my C-11/MC240 combo.

i'd like to buy a great vintage set that has tremendous detail and soundstage, however i suspect that much has been done int he way of RandD to improve on that... any thoughts? I listen to a mixture of jazz, sinatra, and a lot of classic rock.
128x128aaronz28
IMO,I would sell the Macs as they bring good money,much better gear out there for similar $$$(and i invested in Mac gear for years)...but if content on keeping I would agree with above post adding JBL to the mix,maybe eliminating the Tannoys as they are very pricey/overrated.
Altec Lansing is also a posibility. There is a pair of Tannoy GRFs on ebay now with an opening bid of $4500. Assuming them to be in the shape they appear to be in this is quite a good deal in MHO. GRF stands for Guy R. Fountain, who was head of Tannoy back in the Golden Age. A friend use to have a pair, may still for all I know, and they were most impressive despite being in a room far too small for them.
Look for a system that is fairly efficient and that does not require a high damping factor. Tannoy, Klipsch, or Spendor would all be good in different ways. A classic Bozak system can sometimes be found, more likely on ebay or Craigs list than here. Will likely need some work but still capable of sounding good.