Best vibration isolation for speakers on carpet?

Hi All,

So I am awaiting my new Revel Performa3 208's and I'm tired of the normal spikes that come with speakers. No matter what I do I can never seem to get them all level. My carpet is medium to a bit on the thicker side. Any help on carpet spikes or any other ideas on how to isolate the speaks but also so they'll finally be balanced? Granted it's not like any of my towers have ever been in danger of tipping over, but I've never been able to get them all level. 

My dealer said at 80lbs the Revel's should be fine on carpet without spikes but I want to get this right from the get go? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated-thank you!

kingbr

Even if you suffer hearing loss the best is most obvious  here even on a cell phone.

TomD

My floorstanders weigh 210 lbs each.  They are sitting on 90 oz plush pile over a 12" 3000 psi concrete slab steel reinforced.   I am using spikes designed for the speakers.   It may not be correct but in earthquake country, it appears stable which is my first concern.   I would replace them with Townshend platforms if I wanted to.  

I have 80lb Dynaudios on Gaia IIs and the difference vs. spikes is remarkable. Not cheap, seldom findable used, worth the money.

@theaudiotweak  Your posted video was excellent.  ASR (AudioScienceReview) lambasted this guy and his video as unscientific and snake oil.  This is exactly why I started a forum concerning ASR and their inadequacies as well as venomous hatred for non-measurable audio products.  

@johnread57 - Those PMC MB2SE look sweet. The pictures on the manufacturer’s site show them with spikes. I used spikes under my heavy speakers for years (through carpet onto a concrete floor). One issue I had was that it seemed that all four spikes would never be exactly in contact with the floor evenly, there would always be some small rocking, regardless of whether they started out even.

For decoupling, you could try four Herbies Giant Fat Gliders under each speaker, which is what I use currently. For a less expensive decoupling solution, try four silicone half hemispheres. You cluld also try springs such as from Townshend or a less expensive variety.