Best value speakers available

I was intrigued by a thread about buying new speakers in the 10k range, a speaker that just kept poping up was the magnepan 3.6. I agree that that is a super value for the money but then again so are the 1.6's. What are you picks for the best "value" speaker out there. I would prefer not to hear the wilson audio X-1 grand slamm, unless of course you are bill gates! thanks in advance for any comments.
tireguy
The NSR - D-3 loudspeaker, Truly Vandi and Maggi are stil hard to beat , please remember I just sold a fully modded Maggi1.6 with a Rel sub
it may be a hair more transparent then the NSR Sonic Research D-3 but not by much ,neither the Maggi 3.6 or Vand 3 or their %7k speaker can touch it for overall dynamics , depth of instruments and realism and superb soundstage and imaging this speaker just dissapears truly you would need to speand 2x this to be in the ballpark 2008 loudspeaker of the year in real time,
You will see several reviews coming up this year ,but no paper reviews I asked the owner, Tas or stereophile expect you to dump at least $30k minimun or your product stays on the back burner.
Politics ,I have spoken with many manufacturers and this is a fact.
Sad but true........only few have enough balls to tell it as it is. Anyway...., don't hold your breath waiting for "Tas" or "Stereophile" clarification on that matter.

Mariusz
in order for a speaker to be considered a "best value", you must like that speaker. if a particular speaker is considered a good value, but you don't like it, it won't be a good value for you.

if you like a speaker and think the price you are paying for it is worth the pleasure from listening to it it could be a candidate for best value.

given those factors, i would consider quads unlimited quads a good value and the analysis audio omega a good value, as well.

there isn't a "best value" until i have heard all of the commercially available speakers. it is possible that there could be a speaker i prefer to the quads or omegas and so that speaker would be a better value.
I have heard every major brand out there and was at the show for days just to hear I work as a custom installer
for Audio .The Nsr Sonic D-3 Loudspeaker was beating up on speakers at more than double their under $5k price was .
I could not find any glaring weakness no matter what kind out music I threw at it .the speakers not only was crystal clear but dissapeared in the room with Bass that was as good as a REL Sub.I did notice the High quality drivers and the Xover must be equally good for I just
got into the music and forgot about everything else.
hi audiophile1958:

i too was at the show and the venetian, this past january.

i am looking for a speaker system in the $10,000 range.

i briefly visited the nsr room at the alexis park.

in no way did i hear the timbral realism i heard from the analysis audio omega or roger sanders hybrid electrostatic speaker.

conces do not compete with panels with respect to accuracy of timbre, period ! .