Best value speakers available

I was intrigued by a thread about buying new speakers in the 10k range, a speaker that just kept poping up was the magnepan 3.6. I agree that that is a super value for the money but then again so are the 1.6's. What are you picks for the best "value" speaker out there. I would prefer not to hear the wilson audio X-1 grand slamm, unless of course you are bill gates! thanks in advance for any comments.
tireguy
By far for overall balance from top to bottom the 2008
breakthrough loudspeaker, a show stopper by many at the last 2 shows ,the NSR Sonic Research D-s Sonatas.
Compared to the Hyperion968 these were much more natural and went even lower cleanly, and the music just was effortless,with a dissapearing act you rarely get from
most loudspeakers even at 3x their cost ,at under $5k
once they are setup properly and reviewed for sure they will win awards, keeep your eyes on these guys you heard it here first. I am for buying a pair ,and in any color you want !
MMG for around $500 new.....just ridiculous.
I also like Omegas with their new sub,for around 1-1.5G street. Actually it is going to be this combo or M&D new mini monitors for my 3th system. It all depends which way i will choose to go- tube or SS amplification. Shanling MC-30 or City Pulse SA-77 HYBRID INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER or Little Dot T 150 Tripath amplifier or Jungson JA-88D or Classic No. 6.6......yes I know - a lot of choices. Well, these all are under 1G and that is what I am looking for. There are few others but what is the point of
mentioning them all........
Vandersteen and Magnepan have been the best values in high end for decades.

I'm biased on the Vandersteen because I sell them, but the reason they are such a good value is that nearly all of the money is spent on the guts and not on the looks. This is true of the 1C, 2Ce Sig mkII, 3A Sig, and standard Quatro.

Maggies, which I don't sell, have always been a great bargain. They are nice people too.
At $10K the Harbeth 40.1 is tough to beat. Bass, midrange magic, ease of drive, musicality-they play music.