Best value speakers available

I was intrigued by a thread about buying new speakers in the 10k range, a speaker that just kept poping up was the magnepan 3.6. I agree that that is a super value for the money but then again so are the 1.6's. What are you picks for the best "value" speaker out there. I would prefer not to hear the wilson audio X-1 grand slamm, unless of course you are bill gates! thanks in advance for any comments.
tireguy
My vote goes to the PSB Stratus gold i's. I believe you can find them for as little as 1200 used. You will need some power though. And you'll hear the difference with whistle clean power. My rig running the MF A3CR amp and pre is getting close to a Martin Logan-Mark Levinson setup at probably 4 times the price. When I get the furniture rearranged I'll add a second MF amp to biamp-I like it loud. I'm not saying they are the ultimate in all things, they are one of the bargains in audio .
This thread has been done before and it is an important one for those just tuning in. I am another in the Vandersteen camp at the MSRP. Full range I don't think it gets any better. I would vote the 2 series in the top 5 values in audio ever.

And Doug we have been waiting for at least 6 months for you to make a report on those Newforms. So pull out the checkbook and order a pair. Like you said, if you don't like them all you're out is shipping costs. It's time to bite the bullet and sate your curiosity; and mine!!
I agree with those recommending Vandersteen. I've had some 2Ce's in one of my systems for 4 years and at the time nothing in their price range could compare, even now I would end up paying much more $$$ to get something with as clean of a sound and some real bass extension. Used ones would be even a better value. Give the 2 or 3 line a listen and let us know how it goes.
Famous cement speakers from the 80's are now back.
Acousticaly dead cabinet and amazing sound. This is
truly the value speaker.
Rauna Tyr

Price is $1,950.00 Swedish kronor = $190.13 US dollars

Do a search on www.audioasylum.com in the speaker asylum for reviews of this speaker