Best value speakers available

I was intrigued by a thread about buying new speakers in the 10k range, a speaker that just kept poping up was the magnepan 3.6. I agree that that is a super value for the money but then again so are the 1.6's. What are you picks for the best "value" speaker out there. I would prefer not to hear the wilson audio X-1 grand slamm, unless of course you are bill gates! thanks in advance for any comments.
tireguy
My first vote would go to the wood nOrh 4.0. You could spend a lot more and get a lot less.
I've seen Merlin TSM speakers go for $1000 used, and I think that's a great deal. Used Meadowlark Kestrels in the $750 range, and new Mission 731i's for $230-ish. I would also recommend used Mission 752 or 753 for $700-ish, but their probably not too common in the US.
The Quad 989 or even the ML CLS - both full range electrostats - the 989 is the clear winner but twice the price. The maggies are good too - so are the ML Prodigy and Odyssey ( 10k / 6k retail. A lot of great choices at this level. If you can pull in a pair of Eggleston Andras in this range they are great dynamic speakers.
Coincident is huge value for the money.I heard a 5.5k French made speaker on the weekend that was not the equall to my 2.5k Coincident speakers.