Best VALUE Linn amp for 5103 PreAmp

Picked up a Linn 5103 System Controller for a great price. Looking for a great VALUE Linn amp to match with it.

What are the best options for a used Linn Amp right now? If you can share both 2 channel and Multi-channel options, I would be greatly appreciative.

I have a 2 channel Tube setup with Cary, Esoteric and Spendor SP-1's right now. Thinking of trying a Linn setup on the cheap.

I'd like to keep the cost below $1,000 - but I am not averse to a much cheaper amp in the older Linn line if it is solid.

Thanks in advance for your help! Gerard
gerarddunn

Showing 1 response by bmdduck

I'm not sure how to put another thread here, but I started a thread back in 2008 on how to actively drive Ninkas. Maybe search for that because there were some good responses on Linn amps. This text is from the thread:

Hello,
I'm working towards the same setup, and I'm going for LK140's as per my dealers suggestion.

He is not a fan of the AV amps for pure stereo. He also says the LK140 is MUCH better than the LK85. I go for quality over quantity, and listen to most genre's.
Best to worst:
1 - Chakras $$$$$
2 - Klouts $$$$
2 - LK140's $$$
3 - 2250's $$$$
4 - LK85 $$
5 - LK100 $
6 - 5125 $$

Cards take time to locate, so start watching for them to come up as soon as you know what amps you are going to go with. I have a bass card to fit Klout/LK100 if you go that way.