Best Used under $300 2 Channel Amp

WE ARE ON TIGHT BUDGET AND LOOKING FOR ADVISE ON A MIN.100WPC 2 CHANNEL AMP IN THE SUB 300 RANGE.WE HAVE SEEN ADCOM GFA 555,CARVER TFM-25,TFM-35,NAD 2400,2600.I AM A ROOKIE AND YOU GUYS ARE THE REAL PROS,,ALSO NEED STEERING TOWARDS PREAMP ALSO 2 CHANNEL IN THE CHEAPO DEPARTMENT.I WILL BE RUNNING 2 AMP BIAMPED TO MT NHT T5 SPEAKERS IF THAT MATTERS..THANKYOU///MARK
mspurbeck

Showing 1 response by chazzbo

I sold Adcom for 6 years.Good sound for the buck.B&K is also good.NAD I am not sure about the series.Never a Carver guy.Newer version of amps pre's your talking those names.One question is how much use they got and if older if caps have dried out.I have some older PS stuff that I use for second system.The 4.6 was an $800 pre that goes for $250 give or take.The amp I have has plenty of current at 100 wpc and went for $1200 and now goes for $300-400.But again with older equipment your going to get better deals but age and use means heat and potential repair if not well built.I notice there is a Bryston 3B up now on 'Gon for asking of $400.There is a reason they gave 20 a year warranty.They are built like tanks.Maybe you could ask a better price.If you want FM the Adcom pre/fm combos are hard to beat at low price.
G'luck