Best used speaker under $1000 for tube low watter

what speakers would you pick for a tube 15 watt amp. for a small room (14x14), and primarily for classical/chamber, and a little jazz. i would rather take the used route, even vintage, it's always nice to be able to resell without losing much. i can't stand that big loss when buying new. also, the room is oddly shaped with sloped ceilings, the only spot for the speakers is about 2 feet from the wall, i prefer speakers that are easy for placement. any suggestions?
128x128jtnicolosi

Showing 4 responses by jtnicolosi

thanks again for the quick responses! i am a college student on a limited budget, my amps are eico hf-12s. they are amazing and musical little amps, running with a norh cd-1. i will soon be adding a TT, which i'll save for another discussion. the room is not exactly 14x14, actually more like 14x12.5. the speakers will be against the long wall, but the ceilings slope low behind them (its an attic room). i don't need to have speakers perfectly tailored to this room, as i probably won't be in it much longer. corner placement will NOT work in this room.
thanks for the response gmood1. the hornshoppe horns are too sensitive to room placement for me. i was looking at the omegas, what do you think would be superior, the grande 8, or grande 6r? also, anyone know about the decware 1.5 radials? they seem quite interesting and have been getting some rave reviews.

but again.. anything vintage or used? how about klipsh heresy or cornwalls (may be too big for a small room)?
one more thing... i currently have nice old kef 103.3s. will an upgrade within a budget of $1000 be much superior to them?. the problem is that the kef speakers are for more powerful amps, but they still sound quite nice with the eico.
Spendor BC1? thanks again for your responses... i've been looking into what you have all mentioned. how about the spendor bc1? i have not been able to find much info on them, outside how amazing they are, especially for classical. do they require more power?