Best used speaker under $1000 for tube low watter

what speakers would you pick for a tube 15 watt amp. for a small room (14x14), and primarily for classical/chamber, and a little jazz. i would rather take the used route, even vintage, it's always nice to be able to resell without losing much. i can't stand that big loss when buying new. also, the room is oddly shaped with sloped ceilings, the only spot for the speakers is about 2 feet from the wall, i prefer speakers that are easy for placement. any suggestions?
128x128jtnicolosi

Showing 2 responses by gmood1

Here's a few suggestions..sorry it's not easy to find these used but that is a good thing! Omega Speakers , Bob Brines Speakers , The Horn Shoppe .
Two of these companies have a return policy. So you don't have much to lose by trying them.

Good Luck
It's going to depend on your taste with the Omegas. I have the Grande 8s. But you would probably be happy with the Omega 6s or the Omega 3s as well. Don't let those little 3s fool you. I guarantee you will be trying to come to grips with how much sound comes out of them! The 6 models are probably the most balanced. The 8s are more up front but fuller to me.

Basically the Omega 3s will sound like your on the 5th row of the venue.The Omega 6s will put you on the 2nd row and the Omega 8s put you on the stage. The sonic signature is the same, just personal preferences will decide which one works best for you.

Also Louis has been working on some new cones made from hemp.That's the cool thing about these speakers. To change the sound just swap out the drivers to different drivers that will work in the same enclosure.No crossovers to worry with.

I'm waiting to see what his larger dual driver speakers are going to sound like(with 6 and 8 inch drivers). Should be more dynamic with a little more impact. Mated with a sealed sub this isn't a big issue with the regular models.

I also like the Soliloquys.Maybe one of their monitors will work for you.