Best Used Speaker for Around $5000??

Any recommendations on speakers in the $4500-$6000 (used a'gon prices) if I upgrade my totem hawk speakers?? Keep in mind I have a fairly small room (16x10) and would want to stay with fairly efficient speakers due to Pass XA-30.5 is RATED for 30 watts but delivers WAY more than that. I don't want speakers that are too big and require a amp upgrade. The hawks are 6 Ohm and 86db

My system:

Pass Labs XA-30.5 amp
Pass Labs X0.2 preamp
Esoteric XO3-SE cd player
BPT 3.5 Ultra Sig. power conditioner
Totem Hawk speakers
AudioPath custom IC's and speaker cable
Shunyaa Python CX power cords
roor

Showing 2 responses by roor

Tvad: Do you think my XA-30.5 would be ok with the Daedalus Ulysses? I read one of your previous threads where you were considering trying the Ulysses with a XA-60.5's... What do you think they'd be like with the XA-30.5?
What is the used value of the Daedalus Ulysses???

I have an option to buy a used pair of Deadalus Ulysses speakers in Cherry with both the platforms and the box stands. About two years old in grade 9 condition. I can't find any blue book value or comparable preowned Ulysses to compare pricing. The seller and I are open to researching fair pricing but have not yet discussed specific numbers. I think they are around $11,000 new but they have undergone several manufacturer price increases in the past few years. Any opinions on what I should offer?? I was thinking maybe around $3750 - $4000. I want both parties of this transaction to get a fair deal.

Any input, recommendations, or feedback regarding preowned Deadalus Ulysses pricing please let me know.

Thanks!