Best used or new DAC under $3500

What would be the best DAC for under $3500, new or used? I currently use the Chord Dave and I LOVE it. However, I'm looking to downgrade to save some dough. Some reference points:

1) Yggdrasil:  Sold it as the staging was too narrow/flat and it seemed a little lifeless
2) Ayre QB-9 DSD: Feel its a bit too bright/tizzy - at this point I'm done trying Sabre DACs.

Can anyone recommend a DAC that is not a mainstream sabre chip based DAC? I dont mind it if its an older generation or vintage DAC either - Just something I can get for under $3500. I don't want a discussion to defend Sabre DACs please.

Thanks!

jozurr
Give Holo Audio Spring Dac a look. Ive owend one for well over a year and am very satisfied.

The problem is your decision here... " 1) Yggdrasil: Sold it as the staging was too narrow/flat and it seemed a little lifeless".

If you had this impression of the best DAC under $3500, then your other components are junk.  At which point you should have sold them and kept the Yggy!
@jozurr OP, I’d have a very, very difficult time parting with the Chord Dave, and you say: "I LOVE it."

Is there any other way you can save some ’dough’ as you put it, and keep the DAVE?

Denafrips has not been mentioned yet. There are new models that would meet your target budget amount. The Denafrips Venus is listed at SGD $3,850 or ~ US $2,900 new.

Also not mentioned (I think) is the Soekris DAC1541.
Yggdrasil is old news, it does not support usb mounted file play back nor dsd. This is old bb product, beafed up at analogue output but less rhan a true vacume tube iv / buffer stage.
My old bb 1704 based moded sonic frontier family dac even sounds better for playing red book cds. I just cant understand why people buying thus ygg hype. Go figure gold ears.
Yggdrasil is old news

But their upgraded analog board is new news.