Best used or new DAC under $3500

What would be the best DAC for under $3500, new or used? I currently use the Chord Dave and I LOVE it. However, I'm looking to downgrade to save some dough. Some reference points:

1) Yggdrasil:  Sold it as the staging was too narrow/flat and it seemed a little lifeless
2) Ayre QB-9 DSD: Feel its a bit too bright/tizzy - at this point I'm done trying Sabre DACs.

Can anyone recommend a DAC that is not a mainstream sabre chip based DAC? I dont mind it if its an older generation or vintage DAC either - Just something I can get for under $3500. I don't want a discussion to defend Sabre DACs please.

Thanks!

jozurr
Thanks for all the suggestions. Currently considering the following:

1) DirectStream with Bridge II
2) Holo Spring Level 3 Kitsune Edition

Has anyone compared these side by side?
I sold a Weiss DAC202 and an Auralic Vega for it.
My buddy sold his Weiss Medus for it.
It is the LessLoss Echos End ladder dac. The most natural and musical sounding digital reproduction I have ever heard ( or my buddy. And he's heard it all and has the means to buy anything. He's sticking with the LessLoss ).
While new it is a tad over your budget, used its within reach.
Good luck.
Cheers,                  Crazy Bill
@rsimon. That’s a lot of dacs!
How does the yggy compare to PS Audio DS dacs?
I have a yggy, but have been looking at PSAudio lately.
If you can find a PS Audio Direct Stream DAC for under 3K it is certainly good enough to present an amazing hologram with the right system and set up. I love mine....the PS Audio Perfect DAC II was also very musically pleasing (under 1500 used)....The Ayre Codex is also in the league but offers minimalist connections as does the QB 9 DSD...both Ayres can be found used under 1500. Benchmarks latest has been highly regarded as well.