Best used or new DAC under $3500

What would be the best DAC for under $3500, new or used? I currently use the Chord Dave and I LOVE it. However, I'm looking to downgrade to save some dough. Some reference points:

1) Yggdrasil:  Sold it as the staging was too narrow/flat and it seemed a little lifeless
2) Ayre QB-9 DSD: Feel its a bit too bright/tizzy - at this point I'm done trying Sabre DACs.

Can anyone recommend a DAC that is not a mainstream sabre chip based DAC? I dont mind it if its an older generation or vintage DAC either - Just something I can get for under $3500. I don't want a discussion to defend Sabre DACs please.

Thanks!

jozurr
Hands down either the ps audio directstream with bridge II or the directstream jr. these compete with dacs many times the price. I have 1, the bridge puts the dac in another league 
Ayon CD5s which has excellent DAC and Preamp with asynchronous USB and analogue volume control. With tubed power and output, best sound that I have heard just more musical and dynamic. Selling nice one, just factory checked. PM for details
Mikhaelkuz, Thank you. Yes a very good sound especially with NOS Russian Reflector tubes for the 6H30's. It seems to have more life, natural liquidity, dynamics and microdetail, while being just as transparent  and quiet as the upper end solid state designs.