Best used or new DAC under $3500

What would be the best DAC for under $3500, new or used? I currently use the Chord Dave and I LOVE it. However, I'm looking to downgrade to save some dough. Some reference points:

1) Yggdrasil:  Sold it as the staging was too narrow/flat and it seemed a little lifeless
2) Ayre QB-9 DSD: Feel its a bit too bright/tizzy - at this point I'm done trying Sabre DACs.

Can anyone recommend a DAC that is not a mainstream sabre chip based DAC? I dont mind it if its an older generation or vintage DAC either - Just something I can get for under $3500. I don't want a discussion to defend Sabre DACs please.

Thanks!

jozurr
If you buy s Lumin d1 player it uses Dual Wolfson best dacs 
Mojo make a a Great 12 volt external power supply for around $2700 you have s setup thst will best dacs 3z-4 x thst ,no B.S.. 
Mojo audio even gives you 40 days to prove just how good his Linear 12v Linear dupply is, or money back. 
I tried several lesser power supplies. 
Exogal DAC chip is PCM4104, which is delta-sigma.
But regardless of it they have proprietary DSP prior to it, and it is a very, very good DAC, expecially at used prices.
I briefly had it - and it was better then OPPO-105, but lost greatly to AYON CD-5 (with 4 1704 chips in differential mode and spectacular 6H30 balanced analog stage with tube rectification). I got AYON used at the price  lower then your limit. But it does not support DSD and USB input is crap (not like I care but some people do).