best used amp for 300- 400

I have a system composed of a rotel rcd970 cd player, rc990 preamp, rt940 tuner, acoustic reasearch turntable with denon mc cartridge and old infinity Qe speakers and am looking to replace my amp an old dying adcom gfa-2. I have heard a rotel rb 980 in the system and it was decent but not great i am trying to find an old bryston 3b but any suggestions would be welcome, my price range is less than $400 including shipping so closer to $350 would be ideal. I listen mostly to classic rock and ska, so i want power and good bass but also want good upper frequency perfomance as well. Thanks
sailor720

Showing 2 responses by jcaudio

Try and find a AMC by Weltronics. Unbelievable for the money. I'm not sure who sells them but worth investigating. Sounds like amps costing 4-5 times as much. They make a tube hybrid that blew me away. I think it was the 2030. Had about 60 watts a channel. I could be wrong on the exacy power rating. but is truly remarkable. I bought one for my fiance (now my wife).
I found their web site. It is www.amchome.com You can buy direct although you can probably find used for a real good deal. The model is 2100. 80 watts per channel hybrid. See my above post for superlatives.