Best universal player under $1000?

Ok, I have had it with my current digital music setup. I have a Oppo 981HD that I use for DVD-Audio only, and I have a Sony NS9100ES that I am using for CD and SACD, I am using the analog stereo outs on both. The Sony sounds great, I couldn't be happier except that it does not play DVD-Audio. I don't have many of these discs but I really enjoy the sound of the ones I have and am looking to start recording some of my rare vinyl only to DVD-A for archiving (I have yet to hook my computer up to my rig but that may be where I am heading for all but SACD). Anyway, the Oppo is complete garbage for DVD-A and CD for one reason...it often skips the first second on tracks which is so annoying that I won't even play it anymore. I have emailed the company and they are aware of the issue and really don't seem to care about fixing it, I guess most of their customers just use these as DVD players. You get what you pay for, luckily I bought it used and will probably only take a small loss on selling it.

Anyway, I would like to get one box that does it all (I know that sounds like a recipe for disaster) surely there is something worthy in my price range (<$1000). I would like it to be able to do SACD, CD, and DVD-A, stereo only is fine. I would like the internal DAC to be 24/192 and for the DSD to NOT be converted to PCM. I could care less about the video quality or upconverting as this will never be hooked up to a TV other than to do the initial setup. Lastly, it has to play the entire track on every CD with no skips or pauses in between, I have too many albums that hvae tracks that flow into each other. If anyone has any recommendations (even if it is slightly above my price range) I would sure love to hear them. I have seen the NAD T585 but have read some bad reviews on it (although it was mostly about the video).
jlc76

Showing 1 response by jlc76