Best turntable setup for under $300

Dipping my toes in the vinyl world with a relatively limited budget. Any good suggestions on something that won't break a grad student bank?

I'm not ready for a true audiophile setup, just want something that sounds good and won't destroy my records. My knowledge of analog is very limited at the present time...\

Many thanks AG members!
rch34

Showing 2 responses by stick70

I've just recently received the Sony LX300USB for a gift and am going to use it to transfer some of my LP's to Cd's. The stock needle isn't the best so if your going to do any transfering I'd suggest going to LP gear .com and getting a better one. For the money this player is great starter player and can transfer your stull to digital if you want to.
He's gets the additional benefit with the LX to transfer his vinyl to digital if he needs/wants to which for me would provide additional value. Most of the other recommended tables can not provide that benefit for $104. I know that the LX is not the best but for $104 plus you can transfer to digital as well as upgrade the needle if you want.....thats a get deal and provides additional fun for this hobby.....at least it would be me. Buying old turntables off ebay a bit to risky for me. Either way it's your decision.

Good luck