Best turntable at $3500 used.

What would you recommend to a vinyl rookie with a budget of about $3500-4000 including table, arm, and cartridge. Thanks in advance for your replies.
jman
Try some of the tables from J.A. Mitchel. I have one of the older J.A. Mitchel Sycrodecks with a Rega RB250 Tonearm and a Audio Technica OC 9 cartridges and I really enjoy it. I may in the future, step up to the new Rega RB600 tonearm. If your interested in the Mitchel line up; the Mycro is the exact same turntable as the Sycro, except it has an acrylic (rubber) platter. You may even concider the Gyrodec, a much more upscale turntable. This turntable would be still in your price range, depending on what tonearm is on it.
Try some of the tables from J.A. Mitchel. I have one of the older J.A. Mitchel Sycrodecks with a Rega RB250 Tonearm and a Audio Technica OC 9 cartridges and I really enjoy it. I may in the future, step up to the new Rega RB600 tonearm. If your interested in the Mitchel line up; the Mycro is the exact same turntable as the Sycro, except it has an acrylic (rubber) platter. You may even concider the Gyrodec, a much more upscale turntable. This turntable would be still in your price range, depending on what tonearm is on it. As for tonearms, have a look at the Rega line up. They make great tone arms that Stereo reviewers rave about. They include the RB250, 300, 600 and 900. Cartridges; Sumiko Blue point(under $200 new) and the Blue point special, Audio Technica OC 9 (the one I have) is a great cartridge ($200+) Micro Benz Glider ($700+). Good Hunting. Terry
I am extremely happy with my Basis 2500 with Graham 2.0 deluxe arm. Bought it new, but I do see them occasionally at less than $4K. Theirs is a Wilson Benech table and arm on listed now @ $1750. That is great combination @ a great price. Add a VPI SDS to this for under $2500, and you will be real vinyl heaven. Good luck. Cheers, Gerrym5
My recommendation is to find a used LP-12/Lingo/Ekos. If you have a local Linn dealer they will be more than happy to help you evaluate the table (and the arm). This should leave enough for a good cartridge (which you could upgrade later as finances allow). The LP-12 is a very good table, and it's relatively easy to find one on the used market. The clincher would be the local dealer support for annual suspension tune-ups, upgrades, etc. I've never regretted picking up my LP12 secondhand and upgrading in steps.
Hi Jman. FYI. There's a Kumzi/Stogi ad on Audioweb.com 03/21/00. Mike Fremer (Stereophile -Analog Conners) wrote nice things about this table. It might be something, especially with setup?
Given the number of VPI TNT's with JMW arm for sale recently, this is virtually a no brainer. TNT is much better than Basis 2500. JMW arm is comparable/better than Graham 2. Only much more expensive Basis Debut Gold in that line is comparable/better than TNT. TNT3 / JMW 12. Unless you're a Linnie fundamentalist, nothing else used under $3500 comes close. Save up for the SDS and all should bow down before you.
I just purchased an Immedia RPM 1 with power supply, RPM 2 arm and Lyra Lydian Beta cartridge used. I have not heard anything better!
Just saw an Immedia RPM 1 tabel with a Graham 2 arm posted on this site. You could use the difference to buy a pretty good cartridge.