Best turntable at $3500 used.

What would you recommend to a vinyl rookie with a budget of about $3500-4000 including table, arm, and cartridge. Thanks in advance for your replies.
jman

Showing 2 responses by bayned4c6

Try some of the tables from J.A. Mitchel. I have one of the older J.A. Mitchel Sycrodecks with a Rega RB250 Tonearm and a Audio Technica OC 9 cartridges and I really enjoy it. I may in the future, step up to the new Rega RB600 tonearm. If your interested in the Mitchel line up; the Mycro is the exact same turntable as the Sycro, except it has an acrylic (rubber) platter. You may even concider the Gyrodec, a much more upscale turntable. This turntable would be still in your price range, depending on what tonearm is on it.
Try some of the tables from J.A. Mitchel. I have one of the older J.A. Mitchel Sycrodecks with a Rega RB250 Tonearm and a Audio Technica OC 9 cartridges and I really enjoy it. I may in the future, step up to the new Rega RB600 tonearm. If your interested in the Mitchel line up; the Mycro is the exact same turntable as the Sycro, except it has an acrylic (rubber) platter. You may even concider the Gyrodec, a much more upscale turntable. This turntable would be still in your price range, depending on what tonearm is on it. As for tonearms, have a look at the Rega line up. They make great tone arms that Stereo reviewers rave about. They include the RB250, 300, 600 and 900. Cartridges; Sumiko Blue point(under $200 new) and the Blue point special, Audio Technica OC 9 (the one I have) is a great cartridge ($200+) Micro Benz Glider ($700+). Good Hunting. Terry