Best tube preamplifier for under $15k

Let’s hear it guys, what’s your favorite. 
keithr
I like this relevant discussion and would also like to ask for some kind of advice.

I have the latest version of the McIntosh C22 preamplifier, with tone controls and such, hooked up to an ARC GS150 amp and Wilson DAW speakers. My source is an Esoteric X-01xs...all cabling Nordost and Synergistic Research (Euphoria!), except have not found great speaker cables yet... Not trying to hijack the thread, my apologies. Since I have an Esoteric SACD/Cd player as a source, I am trying to figure out the preamp...
@haabitat Get a balanced tube preamp for your amp.

If you get one that supports the balanced line standard then you will have a fair amount of immunity to the sound of the interconnect cables. FWIW most balanced line products in high end audio don't support the standard. ARC is a good example.
15K for a pre amp...  how much of that is just Jewelery for looks ?
Schiit Freya + is all you need.. spend the  $14.1K Left over on music..
@pani thanks for your post

@mikem I'm not sure why you care how I spend my money. And I'm almost certain you've never compared the Freya to a top of the line preamp. If you have direct experience, go ahead and enlighten us. 

@mikem   I'm not sure why you'd need to spend $900 on a Freya when you have a perfectly acceptable iPhone and earbuds that sound just fine.