best tube preamp to pair LM 518ia

Hi there, I have a Line Magnetic 518ia and recently bought a Sota Saphire V TT. I was wondering which would the be a good match for a tube preamplifier w phono stage of course. Also, I have an LM 502 DAC but wonder if it is worth to directly buy a preamp w built in DAC. Heard lots of good things about matching LM w Shindo, however, Shindo gear doesn’t come w remote control which I’d like to have. Thx for any advice!
branca

Showing 2 responses by branca

Many thx for feedback guys. Inquired about Luxman and is amazing though quite priced... same dealer recommended the LS 100 tube single-ended preamp from ModWright Instruments. Any thoughts?
I was told that even though the amp has an i restated preamp, adding and external preamp will improve quality. It’s hard however reading that the built int preamp uses same tubes than many preamps out there so that’s why I get confused. My ultimate goal in some years is to end up with 2 power mono blocs (was told that is the BEST) or better power amp alone so I said to me to go for a good preamp now but WITH proper phono stage. Otherwise, would gurus recommend going for a phono stage alone and invest in a good preamp afterwards when updating power amp?