best tube integrated under $5000 ?

What is the best sounding tube integrated amp?I am trying to find some great sounding and reasanable priced tube I.A. So far I love Cr Developments Romulus,any other suggestions?
128x128mikedimitrov
I heard the Song Audio at the Montreal show not long ago and it was a revelation. There's a review on it at Ultra Audio, part of the Soundstage network, and it made their components of exceptional merit. Beautiful mids in the classic tube style but also good range at the frequency extremes with an incredible low noise floor. Listen before you buy.
It has to be the Audio Note Meishu Signature(the top of the line version, not the regular Meishu). It uses one 300B per channel but it sounds/feels more powerful(like a 50w tube amp)!!!

It is the most musical/dynamic integrated amp. I ever heard.

Also it reproduces a very very REAL sounding human voice which I believed is most important......if the human voice doesn't sounds right, nothing else matter.....
If you need only one input, there are some amps that have volume controls built-in that can act as a single input integrated amp.

One of these is the David Berning ZH-270. It is a 70wpc tube amp that is self-biasing, has very long tube life, excellent reliability, and is commonly compared sonically to some of the most expensive and respected amps in the world. Unless your speakers are very inefficient, this should drive them very nicely. The only thing about it is that it is not a fancy showpiece, it is only a plain looking box that sounds great. Be prepared, there is probably a waiting list to get a new one, and used ones are rarely seen. When you do see one, it is about 80% of the new price because they hold their used value about as well or better than anything out there. Reputation is legendary.
arc vs55 , cj ca50, arc ca50. great units built to last a lifetime. the ARC has an awesome matching CD player too.
Twl- You are dead on about the ZH-270, with one exception that may be important to Mike. It has two line level inputs, switchable on the front panel. It is an absolutely outstanding amplifier. If you use CD and phono, get a great outboard phono stage and your good to go. If you use CD and FM, all set as is. If you add other sources, you can always jack the output of the pre into one of the inputs, like I do.
Swamp... have you compared the berning with and without a pre using the same source, and if yes, how did the two compare?
Try Mastersound's Reference 845. I have heard only Mastersound's little brother, the Due Venti. Based on what I've heard, the 845's can definitely be one of the best integrateds out there. A friend has heard it and he was shocked how good it was.

http://www.mastersoundsas.it/inglese/prodotti/reference845.HTM

Good Luck.
I spent some time at Deja Vu audio yesterday auditioning a pair of Audio Note AN/J's and they were hooked up to this tubed integrated:

http://dejavu-audio.com/synthesis-a40-virtus-integrated-stereo-amplifier.html

I don't know the price but it sounded fantastic and had an onboard dac, I would guess it was under $10K not sure if it's under $5K but well worth listening to if you can find it.
I would also give a listen to the Rogers 65 V-1 - very realistic sounding and  built to last.  msrp is $3995.  Oh yeah - LIFETIME warranty is also a plus.  Good Luck!
Coincident Technology Dynamo SE MKII.Actually preferred the musical presentation in my system to that of the Berning  ZH270.With the right tube complement this is a top tier Integrated.$1495,yes $1495.
The Leben CS600 is a great sounding integrated tube amp. One of the best integrated tube amps, I’ve heard. They play really nice with Harbeths and DeVores. They also have a unique retro look that grows on you.  You can probably can find a used one for less than $5k.
" I would look at the Raven Osprey great sounding integrated. "

True.  Or hold out for the upcoming Raven Eagle integrated. 
Audio note Meishu as has been mentioned already. I have heard the Westminsters with the audio note (Japan) ongaku. One of the most memorable listening experiences I have ever had.
ARC VSI60, well below 5K used...........stunning with moderately efficient speakers
Second the Coincident Dynamo. I have the MK1 version...and it is just brilliant.  I may purchase their higher wattage integrated for my main system down the line.
Currently two tiny single driver speakers for my bedroom/second system. But I did run my Legacy Audio Signature SEs with the Dynamo when I received it, and it sounded magical...on critical listening probably not as "tight" as my solid state McIntosh but it was just smooth and sweet, in no way did anything seemed missing. Only 8 WPC and drove the huge Legacies quite loudly in my main room.

nitewulf~

I think that's as much a testament to the Legacys, and their excellent sensitivity, as it is to your amp...no disrespect to the Dynamo, but driving ANY floorstander successfully w/an 8 watt amp is pretty amazing.