Best Tube Amp/Preamp combination with Quad 2805s

Recently upgraded my Thiel 1.6 paired with Krell KAV-400xi integrated amp for a pair of Quad 2805s. Told that the Krell pairing probably won't bring out the best in the Quads. Looking at PrimaLuna Dialogue 3 preamp and Dialogue 7 mono amps. Also advised to look at an Audio Research combination of pre-owned LS17 preamp with pre-owned VS115 amp.
The price combination for the PrimaLuna and pre-owned Audio Research actually comes out pretty comparable. I love jazz, jazz vocals, and classical music. I really want to find a combination in the $6k-$10k range that gives me the closest approach to that "live" performance. I love a big, natural soundstage, front to back and side to side. I just don't want something too analytical with the Quads that becomes fatiguing to listen to.
Any thoughts out there between the PrimaLuna versus Audio Research sound? Any other classic pairings to look at for my price range?
vitman2020

Showing 1 response by tasfan1

Depending on your budget, I have used the following tube amps with great success with my Quads:
1. Atma-sphere M60 & S30 OTL amps. There
are a lot of Quad owners who swear by
OTL power amps
2. I also have used Audio Research amps with
current 2805's and ESL 63's. There is a
great synergy with AR and Quads. The Quad
rebuilder in Kansas City uses an all AR
system with all his Quads
3. My brother also has a set of Quads and
uses Lamm amps but they are way out of my
price range