Best tube amp choice for Focal Electra 1038 Be

Hi,
I spent quite some time reading recommendation on what is the best amplifier for the Focal Electra 1038 Be speakers. Looks like that the first choice of most, who own these speakers or listened to them is Pass Lab. What about tube amplifiers, separates or integrated? I understand that to buy used/mint power and pre Pass amp I have to spent here on Audiogon about 7K (XA 30.5 + XP-10). I have to spent about the same amount for highly recommended INT-30A. So if this is my budget for tubes, what would you recommend?
My listening room is 15 by 12. My current amp is integrated LFD and the reason why I want to switch to something else is slightly fuzzy highs. I want them to be a little bit more forward and detailed. I listen mostly to acoustic jazz, blues and chamber music.
Recommendations on speaker cables will be appreciated also.
Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
vad58

Showing 1 response by ejr1953

I know lots of audiophiles will roll their eyes when they read this, but when I was out there auditioning speakers to purchase, eventually ordering a pair of Focal Sopra No2's, I found the McIntosh C50/MC452 to be an excellent match for those speakers.
I was fortunate enough to snag that combination on Audiogon a few weeks ago...when the Focals arrive, I'll be found in my family room with a wide grin on my face!