Best Transport/Players at $2000.00 Used Market

Good morning all,

I am currently in the market for a transport/or cd player (to couple with my Simaudio Moon DAC 300D).I have about three so far that I have my eye on.So far,the only real physical test I've done is with a CEC TL51z.considering the fact that its not such a recent player,it was quite impressive.The major feature that I found very engaging was its analogue/organic like sound it conveyed!Yet,I believe that(for my tastes it lacked verve,and the ability to be resolving in the lower octaves.)
Yesterday,I was given a treat to my audiophile buddy to his new P.S audio Directstream Music Player.Wow..what a piece of machinery! It was open,airy,detailed,pin point accuracy in imagery,and a soundstage,that was astounding!What I was expecting to sound a bit clinical,and synthetic,did not exist! I have to other players I may vie for(but I will be going blindfold,without having to test it on my gear).One is the Flatfish47,Two,Pathos acoustics Digit.Lastly,Acoustic art cd 1. 
If there is anyone out there that has encountered this dilemma,or has even had experience with any one of these players,and has even had the opportunity to make some back to back comparisons,I would most highly welcome any input regarding my present situation...

Thanks for looking.
128x128zyac39

Showing 2 responses by lak

I'm currently using the PW in one of my systems. It's very good and even in the used market, I think you will have a hard time to do better, of course, each system has its own synergy, as does each person have their own likes and dislikes. One factor I really like about the PW is it will read any CD that I put in it, I realize that is not one of your requirements but one never knows.
Have you thought about purchasing the PW and trading it in to PS Audio (they will give you a great trade in price) and purchase the new Directstream Music Player?