best tonearm for Kondo IO-J cart.

i know not too many people have this cartrige , but whats the best arm to use with it? do i need high mass arm or low?
diamonddude184142

Showing 4 responses by diamonddude184142

thanks Nsgarch, the step up im using is the Kondo an-S6cZ which i bought before i even got the cartrige (its pretty damn good). so any chance you know the effective mass of the simon yorke tonearm?
p.s. nice system you have there Nsgarch
basically im using the IO-J on a simon yorke (arm). not sure if they match 100% , how can i increase the mass of the yorke arm. & will it make an audible difference for the better?
Raul, i was always told that usually the best way was to have a really good MM phono stage & use a great step-up for the extra gain. maybe i was misinformed.
there is no question that the IO-J sounds better 99% of the time with the kondo step up than without. the reason i put up this post was to see if my arm was right for my io-j . i use a simon yorke (table & arm),& my friend was just over to check the resonant frequency to see if they match & it was perfect. my bass was a bit shy compared to my CD player & i was worried but of course more bass is not always TRUE bass.
thanks for your input.