Best table in $1500 range

I'm in the market for a turntable in the $1500 range, I'm leaning toward the VIP Scout. Any other suggestions? Thanks
128x128toddwj

Showing 2 responses by readster

I own a scoutmaster w/ jmw9 arm. And let me tell you, the antiskate adjustment is no big deal and works great. I was skeptical as well, thinking that four thin wires could do the trick, the force necessary to keep the tone arm from flying toware the middle is so small that those wires are very capable of keeping enough force. The other thing is, that anti skate on a lot of turntables is offset by a weight hanging from a string, and is not adjustable at all. The VPI team, through listening to alot of different methods, determined that the best "sound" came from no weight, using a heavier tracking force, and if necessary, putting an extra twist on the wires. anyway just wanted to throw that in, the scout and scoutmaster are awesome turntables, more like works of art, that sound fabulous !!!
Or you could buy the scout, and buy the new scoutmaster 300 rpm motor for $120, which addresses the speed stability issue.