Best Subwoofer To Use With A Two Way Speaker System

I received my new Wilson-Benesch Vertex stand mounted loudspeakers in mid-January.  After about a 200 hour break-in period and a few position tweaks I am now in audio nirvana but without the final low octave or so.  I carefully chose my associated electronics and couldn't be more pleased.  My Sutherland N1 preamplifier has 2 outputs so I can use it to drive a crossover/subwoofer system.  
I am entirely certain that my spouse would never stand for me to add a W-B Torus Infrasonic Generator & the accompanying Torus Amplifier at about $12,000. I would like some assistance from those that have the experience to advise me of something very good to mate with my system at a much more reasonable cost.  Thanks

128x128perazzi28
How much are you willing to do? Bass traps/eq or set and forget?

Do you have a lot of choices in finding the best location?
I've been using (off and on) a B&W ASW-650 for 15+ years with no complaints. If I were buying new, I'd look at a JL Fathom 12 or 13 (version 2) or a Velodyne DD-12. Either of these would more than meet my humble needs...
It would help to know what your other equipment is in order to determine what would be a good fit.
But, lacking that info, I would heartily recommend a pair of Vandersteen 2w, or 2wq subs and crossovers. They are by far the best integrating subs I have owned.
Bob
My system is:
W-B Vertex Loud Speakers
EKSC Eagle 11' Mono Blocks
Sutherland N1 Preamplifier
Custom shielded interconnects
VPI HW 19 TT w/ Ortofon TA 110 Tonearm & Ortofon Cadenza Blue
   Phono Cartridge
Custom W7 Silent PC with an Delta M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card     running WinAmp for MP3's and other software for higher resolution  
    material.     
Kimber Bifocal X Loudspeaker Cables
Resolution/Imagining/etc. are nothing short of stunning.  Just missing the lowest octaves.
My room is on the smaller side however I have a very high ceiling and currently very little room interaction. I am willing to do some acoustic treatments and have some space to experiment with placement.