Best subwoofer below 40Hz for Magnepan .7?

The title says it all! I want subwoofer bass below Magnepan's limit of 40 Hz. Magnepan will not recommend any but their own model, which does not extend beyond 40 Hz and are not true subwoofers. What subwoofers will work with my .7s?   Thanks for the personal and meaty responses on this forum!
Ag insider logo xs@2xcondosound
Hey JohnK?, I have a set of Steel framed, "French" doors in my listening room. My system at just a decent volume, makes them not only bend but shiver and shake at times. Unless of course the doors or a window is open. Then I just get the wind.
Condosound...

I won’t be adding a sub to my newly acquired 1.7i’s, but when I had the .7’s I employed a small REL which, to my humble ears, meshed very well. I forget which model I used, but the driver was 8”. 

My 1.7i’s are 40hz, as well and yet I’m finding that adding a sub at this point is unnecessary.  Perhaps because the bass panel is somewhat larger on the 1.7i, perhaps because...I don’t know.  

I prefer Rel’s ease of integration. Only took me an hour or so to get it sounding well.  
Also, I have never heard a downside in using a miniDSP or similar in a sub only situation.
Since mini dsp goes between pre and power amp, it requires A to D to A conversion of the entire signal...which for someone who has invested $$$ in a nice DAC, is a tough pill to swallow.