Best subs for music under 1000$

Hello everyone,

I'm searching for the most appropriate subwoofer/bass panel to mate with my Magnepan MMGs, and would love to hear from experienced audiogoners!

My room is large (30x20x12) but for various reasons I shall not expand on here, I cannot go up to the larger panels.

Hence, my search for the best possible solution(s)to assist the MMGs in the lower frequencies.

My system consists of Peachtree Audio Nova 125, Oppo BD-93, PC + JRiver, and later, a decent turntable.

My musical tastes range from Classical to reggae, but mostly classic/pop rock and contemporary jazz.

I like my music loud but tight, if you can understand me... and certainly, at moderate levels when I want to really sink in a performance.

Hoping to hear from you guys, thanks in advance for your guidance and suggestions.

jlr261
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjlr261

Showing 2 responses by bo1972

The new Monitor Audio Radius 390 is very fast and well controlled. In timing it is the best new subwoofer I heard sofar. Most subwoofers are way too slow in response. But this one is fast as a rocket.
Timing is very important to use for music. In my opinion most are too slow. Velodyne is for music not one of the best and fastest responses in the market. Rel is loosing also in this part compared to other brands who are faster. And yes roomcorrection systems make subwoofers integrate much better. So far Audyssey pro gave the best results!