Best streamers WITHOUT a DAC

A year or so I jumped into the streaming world with the Bluesound ecosystem.  Overall I'm very happy with it.  Still, I think I can do better than the Node 2i on my "reference" system, basically a vintage high end setup (Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 Mk III, Krell KBL,  ML no. 332, factory rebuilt Maggie MG 3a's).  I've compared the 2i's internal DAC with the SFD-2s and it isn't even close.  Not surprising, as the SFD-2 Mk III is certainly one of the best DACs ever made despite its age.  So, can anybody suggest a suitable DACless streamer?  Comments appreciated, thanks.

raueda1

Melco N100 works for me.  Can you suggest the price range and other required features?

Thanks, will look at that. Price range kind of open, would need to look at some alternatives.  As for features...

- decent OS with Android phone and Windows control

- support for Tidal, Qobuz, other  hi-rez streaming services, presumably similar to BlueOS, Sonos etc.  MQA too (why not?)

- Ethernet/wired network

- Support for Plex, Roon, JRiver or other network streaming apps &/or its own native network streaming app (I've got a 1Tb library)

Both BlueSound and Sonos do all that stuff and presumably other, mixers streamers do as well.  Don't need anything more exotic than that featurewise.  Fwiw I've had a hard time even finding comparisons of streamer comparisons where the digital output is feed through a reference DAC. 

Oh yeah, forgot!  Needs to be something with S/PDIF or AES/EBU digital outputs.  No USB.  Thanks!

You haven’t specified a budget but the Antipodes K50 would meet all your needs and deliver reference level performance.  It is $15k but one of the great servers in the world.  

A hybrid, 2 Box approach could be interesting.  Something like an Antipodes S40 with a Bricasti M5 would be half the price and is a pretty incredible solution.  $7400 combined and again, would do everything you are asking for.  

the Lumin U1 is a little older at this point but still offers great support for current platforms.  It is a streamer only at $6k

the U1 Mini is a smaller, more streamlined version at $2100.  All of these are a step up from a Node.

I am an Antipodes and Bricasti dealer.  I am considering Lumin at this time but am not a retailer at this time.