Best speakers to buy for around $1,500

I want to upgrade my speakers and I have an acurus A250 amp. My current speakers are cerwin vega VE-12's.
mitchbrown97

Showing 3 responses by soix

What are you looking to improve upon? What aspects of sound reproduction and speaker characteristics are most important to you? Without this info it's impossible to make a good recommendation.
If you can stretch just a little there is a used pair of Tekton Pendragons for sale here that would really do justice to the music you tend to play. Or Tekton Enzo new with a 30-day in home trial I think. Whole lotta speaker for the money. Best of luck.
Another thought, if the Tekton Pendragon or Enzo are too large the Lore S is within your budget new. Last, and surprised this one hasn't come up yet, is the Monitor Audio Silver 6. Nice review in GoodSound. I think all the Tektons I mentioned and the Silver 6es would all be a big step up in refinement and provide you a much more audiophile-level experience overall while maintaining or surpassing the dynamics and slam you currently may have or want. Not a lot of speakers can do that (at least well anyway) at your price point IME. Again, best of luck.