Best speakers for Mcintosh MA 6500

I am diving headlong into (for me) upper audiophilia. i have recently purchased a Mcintosh MA 6500 integrated amp after living for many years with a Hafler 9180 amp and Hafler 945 preamp. This all started out when i blew out my Celestion SL5 speakers and was just going to upgrade speakers, then I realized that if I were to get better speakers then I should probably upgrade at amp too.........and that's how this all gets started, right? The dog chases his own tail. Anyway, for speakers, I have listened to and thoroughly enjoyed B & W Nautilus 805's - their sound really leapt out me and sounded SO good to my ears. But I have been reading many laudatory reviews of the Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MK II and the Harbeth Compact 7ES 2. I have not yet listened to these, but I am trying to. Are there any others I should consider? Of these which do you think might give me years of the most enjoyment? (I am an eclectic listener - classical, opera, old timey country, bob dylan, etc) And as I probably will not buy another pair of speakers for many years, I want these to be special.

Thanks,

Cordell
j_cordell

Showing 1 response by hassel

Take a look at Shahinian speakers, especially the Obelisk (www.shahinianacoustics.com). I started with these speakers with my MA 6500, after listening to the B&Ws, Dynaudios, among other speakers, and later upgraded to a McIntosh-combo and other Shahinian-speakers