Best speakers for max. $3000?

I would like to upgrade to some new speakers and I might have a maximum of $3000 to spend if all goes well.
I don't care if they are new or used but my real world experience is limited so I am asking the experts!   I know it is subjective.
  I have Mirage OM-7s now with a HSU sub.  My amp is a Bryston 100B SST.  
Also, I have a chance to buy a set of Thiel CS 2.4s. I plan to try them.   Thanks for any advice!
rmcfee
I know I’m a bit late to the conversation here but I bought a pair of Goldenear Triton 5’s brand new for $2,000.00. Now, these obviously are not the bigger models with the additional Speakers and powered Subs.. however! They sound really really nice. I added two JL Audio Dominion D108 Subs just because I tend to like much more Bass than some folks might. Whether I’m playing Miles Davis Kind of Blue, Black Sabbath, or A Live Grateful Dead Show, they consistently sound nice to me. 

I use a Parasound Halo A21 Amp and P5 Pre-Amp. Bottom of the Barrel to many, but for my budget and ears, it’s a good Speaker for a fraction of most others.  
I don’t agree that you can’t get a good speaker for $3k  for if you have good subwoofers which I do Svs sb3000 the Amphion 3s is a very  detailed well built speaker at under $3k , and  I always mod the Xovers for rarely does a   Company put good components in a Xover unless you are spending over $10 k on average from my 40
years in Audio they look to save money and most never even compare or know what modding or upgrading is ,the use Chinese 
junk ,ceramic resistors ,keep that in mind ,instant improvement.
slightly used harbeth c7es3.  recommended for you to investigste based on prior ownership.  
I too own the excellent but  a hidden secret in the USA .they just sound like music thst is probably why their 1-18, and 2-18 
which are the industry standards now in the recording industry for 
monitors for mixing,editing sound tracks good or bad they let you know what is on the recording  they have so much potential I replaced allthe wiring with Neotech Occ Teflon copper wire the excellent Jantzen Alumen and clarity csa capacitors Cornell bypass caps . Worlds best path audio resistors and Mundorf evo loudspeaker terminals  these Seas drivers ,and rear passive radiator reallyfil out the bass that does honest low 40 hz
i could not find a better speaker at double the cost .
with the Xover upgrade excellent detail but more more lock on imaging having the time aligned wave guide very easy to place in any room .