Best speakers for 2000-USED

I'd like some suggestions on speakers. Are there any high quality speakers out there that really excell at producing a very big and very 3 dimensional atmosphere for around $2000 -USED. Good tight bass (hearing detail in an acoustic bass in jazz), timbre and smooth detail are also very important. I listen at moderate levels although I sometimes like to really fill up the room with music as long as it remains smooth and clear and not start to get edgy or harsh. My tastes in music range from rock to jazz to pop to symphonies to blues, with more of a emphasis on guitar pieces; artists like R.E.M., James Taylor, The Beatles, Acoustic Alchemy, B.B. King, Pat Matheny, Mannheim Steamroller, Lynard Skynard, Dave Crusin, Dianna Krall,Micheal Hedges, Mark Knopfler- Dire Straits, Heart, ZZ Top. I'm trying to get that sence of presence and 3 dimensionality I get with good headphones.
Amplification:
Citation 7.1 amp (4 x 150)-will bi-amp or bridge to
2 x 450-Which is best?
Adcom GTP-750 Pre-amp-another Citation 7.1 in the sys.
for movies
CD player:
Luxman DZ-111 (old 16-bit dual DAC unit
Cambrige Audio D500-SE
P.S. I don't drive and there's no audio places within 20-plus miles so I don't get much of a chance to audition. Also; I haven't been in the market for audio equipment for the last 12 years so I'm not up on what's out there that's new and exciting and what's mid to high quality nowadays
say811

Showing 1 response by bryhifi

Whole heartedly agree with Pops & Danheather !!!! Thiel CS3.6 are truely one of the best bargains especially used for $2k. If your room size is medium to large and space permits you can achieve some sonic euphoria. Cable experimentation may be required depending on what type you already have. MIT MH-750 series II would be my suggestion for your system as well as MIT 330+ interconnects.(fairly cheap on the used market) I have these cables in one system with my 3.6's and talk about a Holographic sound!....................................I have also just tried out the Paragon "Regents",....sadly now out of business but they are fitted with Dynaudio drivers which are still available. These are also one of the Best disappearing acts to have graced my listening room and they do like to rock with out as much fuss as the Thiels. If you can find a pair of Regents they should be well under $2k which is another audio bargain.