Best speakers for $1500 or less?

I'm loving the Sonus Faber Venere 1.5 - better than B & W and Magnepan, from what I've heard at similar price. What else should I be checking out? Thanks!
doublenickelsonthedime

Showing 1 response by soix

You haven't really specified what it is you like so much about the 1.5s or what's important to you from a sound reproduction standpoint so tough to make specific recommendations. I demoed the 2.5s in my system so I probably have a good idea of what the 1.5s sound like sans some bass. But just for some others worth consideration...

The Silverline Preludes are certainly a popular option in that price range, and I'll throw in Golden Ear and Epos as well that would be worth a listen. If you have a Nola dealer nearby the Boxer would also be a great speaker to hear. There's a pair of Joseph Audio RM25si Signatures for sale that you might be able to negotiate down close to $1500 -- imo they would blow the 2.5s out of the water let alone the 1.5s. There's also a pair of Reference 3A Decapos for sale in this price range as well, and I'd take those way before the 1.5s as well. But then again it all comes down to personal preferences, and if the 1.5s really do it for you that's what matters most. Hope this helps and best of luck.