Best speakers around $700 with not much bass??

Lol, I'm sure ya'll are getting sick of me posting about my upcoming predicament, but...

So when I get married in three months and move in with my soon to be wife, i'm going to have to change my music listening habits. I will have neighbors (the family who owns the home) sharing a couple of walls and I'm thinking that if I had a pair of smaller speakers that don't put out gobs of bass like my current speakers, then I can enjoy my stereo more often without bothering anyone. It seems that bass is really what travels through the walls and thisis whats going to bother them.

I like speakers that image well and provide alot of detail. My front end gear is: classe ca-150 amp, lightspeed attenuator, parasound z dac, wadia 170i. I have upgraded power supply for the wadia, a ps audio quintet, and pangea power cords, kef qx 5 speakers. I tried plugging my ports but that isn't going to cut it.

I'm thinking some small totems or ??

I amgoing to get a headphone rig, but I want to be able to listen to my stereo and watch movies at night and don't want to bother my neighbors.

I am open to buying used in the $700 range and could spend more if need be. Again, gotta image well and have good detail and resolution, with small amounts of low bass.
128x128b_limo

Showing 1 response by aprica88

Used Totem Arro cost around $700-800. Can also consider Used Reference 3a Dulcet or If you are willing to spend more, go for KEF LS50 at $1500