Best Speaker under $3K - New or Used

In my other thread, I asked about the B&W 804 but I decided to pass on it since it's a 13-year speaker with a high asking price.

Anyhow, it seems I'm going backwards in building my system since I've settled on a Parasound JC2 as the pre-amp. Now I'm back to the drawing board for the choice of speakers. Any reommendation of a great, balance speaker with excellent mid range, sweet and open treble, tight bass under $3K - New or Used, bookshelf or floor stand?

I listen to a wide range of musics, including symphony, chamber, jazz, vocal, light music, pop songs.

FYI, I auditioned the Vandersteen 2CE Sig. II, 3A, Proac Response D2, Studio 140II, 100, Totem Hawk and Totem Mani 2 Sig.

While I read rave reviews about the 2CE Sig. II, I didn't find the clarity and imaging I heard from typical British speakers (ProcAc D2, Harbeth). It might be due to the set up and gears used at the dealer showroom.

Totem Mani 2 Sig. has great bass and imaging to me. Anyone had experience with it? How does it compare to Harbeth, ProAc bookshelfs? Is it neutral, natrual, accurate?

Thanks for your input.
r0817

Showing 1 response by kana813