Best Speaker to use with Arcam AVR300?

Hello All, I recently purchased an Arcam AVR300 and would like any input on what speakers would sound best with this receiver. All of you who own an Arcam, let me know what speakers you're using and how you like the combo. Thanks!
denon53

Showing 1 response by gkcc3

Dear Denon53,
I would like to second your nomination of Krellm7 to the status of "snooty bastard." Can we get a vote? As for the "risk" factor in buying a SUPERB brand name like Triangle, from a dealer as fair and reputable as Kevin Deal at Upscale...there IS no risk! He will take care of you if you don't like the Titus. For a room the size of yours, I don't see how you can beat the Titus, especially since you can't bring them very far out into the room. As a further bonus, you now have close to a grand to spend on MUSIC! I have owned 2 Triangle models, the Celius 202 and the Volante 260 (which I have reviewed on this site): both provide the sound quality you would expect from speakers priced in 5 figures. All Triangle models have a magical midrange/tweeter interface that projects an open, neutral soundstage -- wide, deep, and extremely detailed. I think you are gonna love 'em, but if you don't, Kevin will fix you up with something you like better. If you need more bass (this can create as many new problems as it solves), try a subwoofer that has a FLEXIBLE filter cut-off range. I used the Triangle sub with the Celius, with the cut-off at 40 Hz because I didn't want it to "double up" with the Celius' low end. Enjoy! By the way, I am a 65-year-old ex-Marine, and I've been at this crazy hobby since I brought my first system back from a tour in 'Nam, ordered while in Hong Kong on R&R. Anchors Aweigh and Semper Fi!! If you like Arcam, there is nothin' wrong with your ears! Krellm7 probably stood too close to a 105 during howitzer practice!!