Best Speaker to use with Arcam AVR300?

Hello All, I recently purchased an Arcam AVR300 and would like any input on what speakers would sound best with this receiver. All of you who own an Arcam, let me know what speakers you're using and how you like the combo. Thanks!
denon53

Showing 1 response by flrnlamb

Really!...what's the room, budget, etc?
Still, with ANY RECEIVER, you're looking at limited power output compared to separates. My first choice for you is the Triangle's! yes, they use a simple crossover, thus have better control over drivers, and more like an active speaker, for better dynamics with your receiver. They also sound good from what I hear(no pun)
STill, I see you bought the receiver first! Many do this, and fall in love with a receiver. I don't. Speakers are FAR MORE IMPORTANT to the sound of the system, followed by amp and source, then wires, etc. The room being equal to all of these together.
STill, I'd have got the speakers, then the amp/receiver whatever. But there you are.
That said, the Arcams a clean reiver indeed. Cross speakers over to small, use a sub for sure, and go with more efficient higher sensitivity designs thusly.
Look into the Triangle Titus, celius,etc.
Good luck