Best Speaker to use with Arcam AVR300?

Hello All, I recently purchased an Arcam AVR300 and would like any input on what speakers would sound best with this receiver. All of you who own an Arcam, let me know what speakers you're using and how you like the combo. Thanks!
denon53

Showing 12 responses by denon53

I guess I should add a few specs here. I want to keep the cost of the speakers at or below $1500.00. My system will be about 50/50 music and movies/tv. I presently have Paradigm Ref. Studio 20's for mains and Ref. CC for Center Channel, with a small pair of Tannoys for surround. I want to upgrade the Ref 20's first, as one person said in an earlier thread, they are starting to bore me. My room is aprox. 14'x18'x8' and with furniture it doesn't leave alot of room for speakers that have to sit "out" in a room to sound good.
I have always thought about a pair of Maggies but I just don't have the room, seeing that they have to be out in the open to breathe. I've heard them and they do sound wonderful but..... I'll check out the Pro Ac's thanks !
Hello All, I haven't had any responses to my last question. I'm afraid I have burned everyone out on this topic. Please know that I greatly appreciate all you of comments and suggestions. It was very helpful in my decision making process and I learned a few things also. Thank you.
Thanks Flrnlamb and Raredking for you input. The Arcam AVR300 is able to be bi amped to the front mains, which will put 200 watts. If that isn't enough power then I give up! hahahaha!
Great News!!!!!!!!!
A salesperson from an Audio Store, Upscale Audio, in S. Calif.
called me back this evening and had one pair of Triangle Titus 202's left. I got a great deal and I should have them by Tuesday. I hope they are as good as everyone has said. We'll See! :) Thank you for all your input, it was greatly appreciated!
Dear Krellm7, you snooty bastard! No one here is ignorant except maybe you. I thoroughly checked out the speakers from various experts before purchasing them. I don't consider myself a true audiophile, I do have some hearing loss from my days in the Navy. But I was also a Installation Technician for many years doing satelite, Home theater systems (low level) and have loved audio equipment since I was a teenager. I am now 51 and still learning, if I don't like the speakers, I can sell them very easily and buy something else. The people hear may or may not be experts but they are nice and very helpfull in the decision making process. So go stick it wear the sun don't shine.
Hello GKCC3, thanks for the support. You sound like a real Trinagle Lover. I just returned home from a family reunion up in Oregon and my Titus's were sitting here waiting for me. I set them up last night and fired them up. I have to admit they are alittle thin sounding but the clarity is awesome, something I have to get use to, and they seem to pull me into the music more so than the Paradigms did. I'm hoping with time they will sound a bit fuller. And Kevin was very helpfull and did an excellant job in shipping the speakers. I would definately do business with him again. If I did want a bit fuller sound, which Triangle would you recommend? I have to admit, one reason I chose these was because Stereophile Magazine rated them in their B Class.
My older brother was also in the Marines and served in Nam back in 68 and 69. Semper Fi! and Thanks, feel free to email me if you like, you sound like a good source. Krellm7 probably never had the balls to even think about joining the Military.
Thanks Shoe, I agree, but you know what they say, Ignorance is bliss! Krellm7 must be an extremely blissful person.
Thanks for your input Scott, I understand totally, Speakers are very like like beauty, all in the eye/ear of the beholder. It's just a matter of finding the one that pleases one the most. I will check out Monitor Audio's line, thanks for the tip.

Bruce