Best speaker on used market around 10,000.00

Owned a ton of speakers, looking for a speaker that has that visceral punch when needed was also won't rip your head off on the top end.
Smooth mids, big sound stage and punch.
Thanks Curleyques
curleyques

Showing 2 responses by french_fries

Eggleston Andra-2 Speakers (used)- two woofers, two midranges, and a Dynaudio Esotar tweeter per channel. powerful but sweet trebles. you should have bought my pair (they were mint). all the good reviews of them should be fairly convincing as well. BTW you can get a pair for LESS than $10K even though they are worth it.
in response to the ANDRA I VS ANDRA II question, the 2's have better bass, the woofers sit higher off the floor, and the transition from woofer to midrange is much improved due to new crossovers. the 2's look better, too. you can place them just about anywhere.
OTOH i did get to hear a pair of Focal Mezzo Utopias and they sounded wonderful (driven by a Rowland amplifier), but they don't have the dynamic potential of the Egg's. also, the Vandy's have a good reputation; i am not sure what you would have to pay for them. nor are they clothed in Italian granite.
but never having heard them, i have to assume from other owners that they are superb speakers.