Best Speaker cable in the $400.00-$500.00 range for 2 meters

I currently have a Rogue Audio Magnum power amp, Rogue Preamp, Triton 5 speakers with 2 SVS subwoofers,
and a Cary Audio CD player. My current speaker cable is by Discovery Cable. Looking to upgrade my cable and
was recommended the Nordost White Lightening which retails for $377.00 a pair for 2 meters and the Nordost Purple Flare, both in the Leif family of Nordost for $500.00 per pair  for 2 meters. In short my budget is
 $500.00 per pair. If there is any other cable that can be recommended in my price range that my be superior
 I would appreciate any suggestions.  Looking for the best use of the $500.00.
128x128kjl1065

Showing 1 response by niskymichael

I have to agree with those suggesting that your choice of cables should be dependent upon your current system and where you want the sound to go from where it is now.  

For example, Analysis Plus cables were recommended by one poster.  I find their cables to be a bit on the warmer side and recall purchasing a pair several years ago when my system was a bit bass shy.  They were perfect at that time and did exactly what I had hoped.  

On the other hand, I've found cables like Kimber and Nordost to be on the cooler side.  If you feel that your system is a bit too warm, or that you need more enhanced resolution, that type of cable might work well for you.

The cables that I've personally used and have found fairly neutral have been ones like Transparent Audio and Clear Day.  Another poster is correct that Paul of Clear Day isn't currently assembling cables.  Sending a shout out to him, and hoping that his health improves very soon!  Michael