Best speaker cable in the $2,500 range

I have been reading many reviews about the following speaker cables in the around $2,500 price range (for an 8 or 10 ft pair) but can't seem to come to a consensus as to which one would be the best choice. I am looking for a pair to upgrade from my Transparent Musicwave Supers. Any feedback on your experiences with these cables is much appreciated! Thanks!

MIT M3 Magnum
Monster Cable Sigma Retro Gold
Straightwire Crescendo
Synergistic Resolution Reference
Tara Labs Air 1
Transparent Musicwave Ultra
Virtual Dynamics Master (or Nite bi-wired)
bumbateam6

Showing 3 responses by bumbateam6

Let me begin by thanking everyone so far who has offered their input/insights. I guess to answer some of your questions, my focus on the "sound" that I am trying to accomplish is definitely cater more towards the side of transparent, dynamic and detailed sound as opposed to the smoother, more laid back approach. I guess for lack of better word, a more "natural" sound that I can listen to all day without fatigue. I am a big fan of "air around the voices and instruments". The feel of dimensionality in the front to back soundstage is more important than side to side. I want to feel the singer's voice projected 1/2 way into my living room. Am I making any sense here?
Ohhh. I guess I am hoping to hear the "traits" or "sonic characteristics" of the cables I listed so I will have an idea of which ones to narrow down to. Of course I will go audition them and perhaps demo them in my system before buying.

Also, I would like to add a couple more cables to the lists: the Audioquest Volcano (might be an older model) and the Cardas Golden Reference.
I want to thank everyone for all your inputs, opinions, and advice. I am all set now. Good or bad, I ended up deciding on the Tara Labs Air speaker cables to match the other Tara Lab interconnects that I already have in my system. So far, I am quite happy with the Air-series from Tara Labs (however I do line their "The One" line more).

BTW, I was just trying to make a point with my "1/2 way into the room" comment. But I think you folks got what I trying to get at :o)

Thanks again!