Best Sounding used amplifier under 1000???

Looking to get into a used 2 or 3 channel power amplifier to power my Paradigm Studio Reference 80 ver. 1 speakers. Looking at around 200-250 watts per channel or such. I am currently using a Xtant 3300c (60x2, 360x1) high end car amplifier and it sounds so wonderfull but looking to get into more power and with possibly better overall sound (how much more better will it be I dont know?). I'm using Monster Cable M Series CX-4 Bi-wire cable for the speakers. My limit is $1000 used for the amplifier. Please post any comments and suggestions retaining to this idea.

Thanks!
asi_tek

Showing 1 response by kgb540

HA!!! to the other choices (kidding guys!!) If you can find this gem, an EAD Powermaster 500 is incredible. Should be able to find one easily for under a grand and its design helps it excel in stereo listening as much as it does in HT applications. Don't let the fairly modest 100X5 wpc fool you. this thing can output better than 300wpc in stereo listening with the smooth, high-end sound EAD is known for. Quite a few people have stated they feel this is possibly the best amp for stereo listening that EAD makes......that may be a stretch but there has to be a reason someone said it:) good luck!!